- Type of survey: continuous on an annual basis
- Population scope: industrial establishments, regardless of whether the main activity of the legal unit to which they belong is industrial or not.
- Geographical scope: the entire national territory
- Reference period of the results: the calendar year.
- Reference period of the information: the calendar year. Establishments operating on a seasonal basis, covering two different years, may refer their data to the season ending in the survey reference year.
- Sample size: 38,008 establishments.
- Type of sampling: probability sampling.
- Collection method: Completion of the questionnaire by the respondent using one of the following means: internet (IRIA system), e-mail, fax, telephone or postal mail.
Methodology documents, questionnaires, classifications...
- General methodology
- PRODCOM List
PRODCOM is the title of the production statistics for Mining and Quarries and Manufacturers, that is, sections B and C of the statistical classification of economic activiteis of the European Community (NACE Rev. 2). Whilst previous versions of the list (1993-2007) were based on NACE Rev. 1.1, this lists for 2008 and subsequent years is based on NACE Rev. 2. The title comes from the French PRODuction COMmunautaire (Community Production).
For reference years before 2021, the survey base was the Council Regulation (EEC) no. 3924/91 regarding the establishment of a community industrial production survey (PRODCOM Regulation). According to article 2 (2) of the aforementioned regulation, production shall be collected according to the headers of the products of the PRODCOM list. The legal basis was complemented with Commission Regulation (EC) no. 912/2004 regarding the implementation of the Council Regulation.
For reference year 2021 and onwards, the survey base is the Regulation (EU) 2019/2152 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 November 2019 and the Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/1197 of 30 July 2020.
The PRODCOM list for the year 2021 is based, for the goods part, on the foreign trade nomenclature of the European Union, the Combined Nomenclature (CN) of 2021, which entered into force on 1 January 2021.
The list, however, does not cover sections B and C of NACE Rev. 2. in their entirety.
- It does not include divisions 05 (Mining of anthracite, coal and lignite), 06 (Extraction of crude petroleum and natural gas), or 09 (Mining support service activities).
- Within the divisions researched, the following classes are not collected: 07.21 (Extraction of uranium and thorium ores), 08.92 (Extraction of peat) and 24.46 (Processing of nuclear fuels).
- For several reasons, no data is collected regarding energy products on a European level. On a Spanish level, however, data is collected on coke plants and refinery of petroleum products and Generation of electrical energy, gas and steam.
- PRODCOM correspondences 2008-2007