- Have regular, representative and comparable data available regarding the management and use of waste, for the purpose of assessing the national and community policy in this environmental area.
- Institutions that intervene
- INE, MMA.
- General description (main variables)
- Amount of waste generated, imported and exported, by type of waste; amount of waste collected, incinerated, eliminated. Type of waste, according to the European Waste Catalogue (EWC). By a combination of census and sample.
- Companies, institutional units.
- Frequency of data collection
- Budgetary credits necessary for its finance in the four-year period 2005-2008 (in thousands euros)