- Statistical Organisation in Spain
- Inventory of Statistical Operations
- National Statistics Plan 2009-2012
Annual programme sheet 2011: 5542
5542Continuous Municipal Register: Revision of the Municipal Register
- Institutions that intervene
- INE, Municipal Councils, MTAP, MAEC, MINT, MJUS.
- Works that will be carried out in the year 2011
- Obtaining the population figures at 1 January 2011 from the register files, according to the procedure established in the Resolution of the President of the INE and the Director General for Local Cooperation, of 25 October 2005, dictating technical instructions for the municipal counts regarding the annual revision of the Municipal Register, and regarding the procedure for obtaining official population figures.
Publication of the corresponding Royal Decree declaring the population figures for Spanish municipalities to be official, before 31 December.
Dissemination of the figures at a municipal level, the dame day of the publication of the Royal Decree. Monthly: the municipal councils of all of the Spanish municipalities send the variations occurring in their respective municipal registers the previous month; the MAEC, those variations occurring in the Consulate Register the previous month; the MINT, the national identity documents and cards for foreign nationals, and the listing of foreign nationals with permanent residence permits; the civil registers of all of the municipalities, the births and deaths and changes in given names, surnames, sex and nationality registered in the civil registers. The MAPU collaborates in writing the administrative resolutions dictating technical instructions for the municipal councils, as member of the Register Council and as the organisation responsible for the Local Entity Register.
- Budgetary credits necessary for its finance in the year 2011 (in thousands euros)