Experimental statistics. Population mobility study based on mobile phone data 2020-2021
This project is part of the Population mobility studies using mobile phones that the INE carried out since 2019. The objective of this study is to continue with the series started in 2019. During 2020 and 2021, the INE published mobility data weekly for two specific days of the previous week (Wednesday and Sunday).
- Daily mobility: data is offered for every Wednesday and Sunday from March 2020 to December 2021. Data was updated weekly, on non-holiday Thursdays. Maps were also offered for certain specific dates.
- Seasonal mobility: data from four specific days of 2020 (July 18 and August 15, November 22 and December 25) are offered, which can be compared with similar days in 2019, prior to Covid-19. This allows for a preliminary overview of tourist or seasonal movements. These data were completed with those corresponding to similar dates in 2021 (July 17, August 15, November 21 and December 25).
- Seasonal mobility
- Daily mobility
- Result tables
- Movement of persons by mobility areas
- Movement of persons by Autonomous Communities and Provinces
- Population by mobility areas
- Population by Autonomous Communities and Provinces
- Detailed information
Files with Population by areas during the day (stocks y porcentajes) for different territorial levels and files with Origin-Destination Flows between areas and between main cities.