- Electoral Census
Electoral Roll of citizens of the European Union residing in Spain for municipal elections and elections to the European Parliament
Electoral Roll of citizens of the European Union residing in Spain for municipal elections and elections to the European Parliament (EFRS UE)
Citizens of the European Union (EU), who are non-Spanish and reside in Spain, may vote in municipal and European Parliament elections if they are registered on the electoral roll and are eighteen years old on voting day.
For registration in the electoral census, prior registration in the Register of the municipality where you habitually reside is required, as well as having expressed your desire to exercise your right to vote in Spain, in municipal elections, in elections to the European Parliament, or in both.
Registration in the Municipal Register is overseen by the Town Halls. To carry out the registration process, the documentation determined by each Town Hall must be completed and presented.
Community voters who have been registered in the electoral census will remain registered in it until they request their exclusion or their exclusion is granted ex officio because they no longer meet the requirements for the exercise of the right to active suffrage.
Manners of expressing a desire to exercise the right to vote in Spain
- By internet: The expression of will to exercise the right to vote in Spain in municipal elections, to the European Parliament or both can be made continuously at the Electronic Office of the National Statistics Institute (INE), at the address: https://sede.ine.gob.es/manifestacionVotoPermanente/presentacion. You must prove your identity using the Cl@ve system and ensure that the INE has received your Foreigner Identification Number (NIE) from the Central Registry of Foreigners.
- In the Town Hall of residence: By filling in the formal declaration form (DFA model) available in all town halls, and which can also be downloaded from the INE Electronic Office
- Resolution of April 12, 2013, of the Electoral Census Office, which establishes the procedures and approves the application model for registration in the electoral census for the elections to the European Parliament of national citizens of other countries of the European Union residing in Spain.
- Resolution of September 7, 2010, of the Electoral Census Office, which establishes the procedures and approves the application model for registration in the electoral census for municipal elections of national citizens of European Union countries, modified by the Resolution of the Electoral Census Office of April 12, 2013. Consolidated text.
- Resolution of February 17, 2020, of the Presidency of the National Institute of Statistics and the General Directorate of Autonomous and Local Cooperation, by which technical instructions are issued to the City Councils on the management of the Municipal Register.